Affiliate marketing, as we see it, is leading to marketing democratization. Anyone with experience in online can contribute to any company’s marketing, receiving in return some of the profits generated. As an independent professional you can collaborate with international brands, with top companies or small business from emerging industries.
On the other side, an advertiser can work with thousands of marketing specialists who will use their entire knowledge and experience to bring him results. Including on different markets and in countries where the advertiser doesn’t have experience. This leads to a win-win-win partnership, based on performance, in which the advertisers, the affiliates and the platform gain all together.
The Affiliate Marketing Results
Unlike other marketing models, where you have to wait until the end of a campaign to measure and analyze your results, in affiliate marketing you can see your results in real-time.
If you are wondering how much you can sell or earn by affiliate marketing, we can tell you that are affiliates who earn, each month, enough money to support their families or to live their dreams. Because we are speaking about a business based on results, let’s see ones.
According to the Online Performance Marketing study conducted for the Internet Advertising Bureau UK (IAB) by PwC, in 2014, consumers made 125 million purchases via affiliate websites – totaling £15.4 billion. This equates to a return of £15 for every £1 invested by advertisers – 6% higher than in 2013.
The volume of sales that a successful affiliate program can generate is somewhere between 10% and 30% of current sales.
Tips & Tricks for Success? You have to enjoy the opportunities… before others will do!
To be honest, we can write a book about success in affiliate marketing, it is a very generous topic. But the reality taught us that there are no recipes, you have to test tools, tactics, campaigns, niches etc. And you have to enjoy the opportunities… before others will do. We will share our experience on this topic in future articles, so follow us.
We would like though to guide you with some important recommendation
- The advertisers, affiliates and the affiliate network are a team with the common goal to win more. Success depends on each member, they win or fail together, nobody makes money without others involvement.
- Communicate constantly part of the win-win-win effect, the communication is the foundation of establishing long-term partnerships. In 2Performant, both affiliates and advertisers can use the internal messaging systems in order to communicate updates in affiliate programs, to ask for special promoting tools or to negotiate better collaboration conditions.
- Be tenacious. In many cases, the results are not instant. It takes time and continuous optimization from all the parties.
- Set the right expectations. The affiliates aren’t those who create the demand for a product, but the ones that accelerate sales for the advertiser. So, as an online shop be sure to set the right expectations.
- Follow the performance. An online store must treat the affiliates as its business partners. If you have super affiliates in your campaign, reward them with bonuses and preferential commissions.
- Be more than average. An online shop can be more than its competition. Offer above the average commissions, be faster and improve your approval rate and processing speed for commissions. Optimize constantly your conversion rate.
This could be the beginning of a beautiful friendship.